Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force Strain Gauge

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Force Strain Gauge Empty Force Strain Gauge Sat May 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Mistral

How many Ohms is this component supposed to change?
I see no difference but .02 Volt, even when I put Max Force N at 10.000 ? 

Force Strain Gauge Strain10

2Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

How many Ohms is this component supposed to change?
I have no idea, but very little.
You ussually need amplification.

3Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sat May 08, 2021 10:24 pm

BenZr

The strain gauge (or strain gage) has a very little change in resistance when the load is applied. The typical conditioning of this sensor is to mount it in a Wheatstone bridge and to use an instrumentation amplifier (two stages amplifier with differential input stage)

Force Strain Gauge Strain10

arcachofo likes this post

4Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sun May 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Mistral

That is very kind of you to give such a very well illustrated explaining, thank you. I read about the Wheatstone bridge in a strain sensor manufacturers' apllication paper. I was not sure if this Simulide component would be realistic or symbolic, now I know.
I am doing an atmega8 tilt sensor example where a code has to be entered to switch the alarm off >
https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/anti-theft-alert-system-using-atmega8-and-tilt-sensor
The tilt sensor is just a H or L signal, easily to be replaced by a fixed-volt component. But I want it to look a little bit more interesting and that's why my eye fell on the strain sensor. As a feature request maybe it would be nice to have some symbols added? Something like these perhaps: 
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/pictogram-kantelsensor-eenvoudig-element-van-sensoriconen-verzameling-creative-tilt-sensor-icon-ui-ux-apps-software-en-166114697.jpg

https://www.electrical-symbols.com/electric-electronic-symbols/sensors-transducers-symbols.htm

Another feature I think would be nice is if a keypad can be set in switch-mode in stead of only push button mode.
Tried to store the keypad input in a memory cell and that works but can't reset it.

Force Strain Gauge Keypad10

I know it can be done because I saw it in Fizik_S' electronic lock project but that one is pretty complicated and too extended for my purpose. 
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t185-electronic-lock-for-8-digits

For the simulation itself it doesn't matter and I know what I am looking for is only cosmetical and in fact unnecessary but it just would look a bit nicer.

5Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sun May 09, 2021 3:59 pm

Mistral

This is what I mean with unneccessary bling bling cosmetics   sunny

Force Strain Gauge Avr17_10

The original has a Pnp-transistor but it is already known that it will make the Speed drop to almost 0% in 0.4.15-SR1, so I had to replace it.

6Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sun May 09, 2021 4:37 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Not sure what do you mean, but you can add images to the circuit.

7Force Strain Gauge Empty Re: Force Strain Gauge Sun May 09, 2021 5:41 pm

Mistral

I was thinking of a package, more or less the same as with the other sensors but with some more choice to give it other symbols, maybe from a drop-down menu. But it's not important. You are right, images can be imported and I tried it before but I got the impression it effected the simulation somewhat. Or the size was not the same after opening as when I saved it. I don't remember good what happened but it gave some trouble, maybe I did something wrong. Before I discussed about sensor symbols I was already thinking of making my own custom one in Paint and import it. Still have to try it, on the other hand, I like it the way it is now, very nice feature to have this rectangular component and be able to give it a color, thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum