Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Noob Needs Some Help with Arduino 7-seg LED simulation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JayLo

I want to reproduce the setup in this video with the end goal of programming in my own LED sequences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7SFryRa5hs

I have the circuit layout made as shown in the video.

I am trying to use the sevseg_Pic16F876A.hex included in the latest stable version of SimulIDE 0.4.15.

After I load the .hex file in the Arduino Uno (no errors) and power the circuit, I get nothing.

I am a massive noob when it comes to Arduino and this software, but I'm generally a quick learner.  Ive looked up the tutorials that I thought might be relevant but I still cant get this to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I am trying to use the sevseg_Pic16F876A.hex included in the latest stable version of SimulIDE 0.4.15.

After I load the .hex file in the Arduino Uno (no errors) and power the circuit, I get nothing.
You can't use an hex created por Pic16F876A in an Arduino.

JayLo likes this post

JayLo

Thanks for the reply.  It didnt seem like much at first but your reply was all the guidance I needed.

I was looking for a quick and dirty solution and didnt take the time to look at the code for that hex file.  Wasn't going to work without a lot of editing beyond my coding ability.

Here's a video of what I was able to accomplish:
https://app.photobucket.com/u/jl419/a/2051ab12-c00f-4c76-b924-04effbc5f07b/p/406b41ad-4a3a-4404-be7f-ab3034692b5d

My code is hideously long and uses the delay function (which I have read is frowned upon) but everything works close to intended.

Follow-up question:
Is there a way to get the LED segments to turn from "high" to "low"/off quicker or is that just a trait inherent in certain 7-segment LEDs (the one being simulated)?

I'm trying to simulate a pattern on an arcade game.  The animation of the RL version moves at about this speed but the LEDs seem to flip completely off right as or shortly before the next LED turns on.

arcachofo wrote:

You can't use an hex created por Pic16F876A in an Arduino.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Here's a video of what I was able to accomplish:
I can't watch the video, just a white screen.

If you share your circuit and code I can have a look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum